How to keep your face flawless.
Regardless of the color, texture or type of skin we have, our skin will always benefit from a good cleansing routine. No make-up of any kind should be applied until the skin has been thoroughly cleansed.
Dust, sweat glands and stale make-up will cause blocked pores, giving you blackheads and spots. Proper cleansing gently lifts the dirt and oil, leaving your skin fresher.
Cleansing must be gentle and controlled—any rough handling will stretch the skin, causing broken capillaries and over stimulation of the sebaceous glands. This will damage your skin’s texture.
Your daily cleansing routine should follow these four steps:
1. CLEANSE: Gives you a fresh “neutral” base on which to put your make-up.
2. EXFLOLIATE: A very gentle buff will help to reveal the smoother, softer skin underneath. Do this once a week.
3. TONE: This soothes and relieves irritation; cools and refreshes the skin.
4. MOISTURIZE: This is applied before foundation as a barrier between the skin’s natural condition and the make-up. Besides creating a smooth finish, this protects and enhances the staying power of foundation.
The condition of your skin is an overall sign of your health. Poor skin is a result of stress, a poor diet and a lack of sleep. Taking care of your health will benefit your skin.
Different people have different skin conditions. Knowing what yours is, will ensure you buy the right products for your skin type. Take this quiz to find out what skin type you have.
Skin Type Quiz
1) How does your skin feel when you cleanse it with facial wash and water?
a. Tight and stretched
b. Smooth and comfortable
c. Dry and itchy at certain parts of the skin
d. Quite comfortable
e. Dry in some areas but smooth in other parts
2) How does your facial skin feel when you cleanse it with a cream cleanser?
a. Relatively comfortable
b. Smooth and comfortable
c. Comfortable but itchy at times
d. Quite oily
e. Oily in some areas but smooth in other parts
3) How does your skin usually look by midday?
a. Flaky patches appearing
b. Fresh and clean
c. Flaky patches and redness
e. Shiny in the T-zone
4) How often do you break out in spots and/or pimples?
a. Hardly ever
b. Occasionally, usually before or after your period (for women)
e. Often in the T-zone
5) How does your skin react when you use facial toner?
a. It stings
b. No problem
c. Stings and itches
d. Feels fresher
e. Feels fresher in some areas but stings in other parts
6) How does your skin react to a rich night cream?
a. It feels very comfortable
c. Sometimes it feels comfortable, at other times it feels irritated
d. Makes my skin feel very oily
e. Oily in the T-zone, and comfortable on the neck
Now add up your answers.
Mostly a: Your skin is DRY.
Mostly b: Your skin is NORMAL.
Mostly c: Your skin is SENSITIVE.
Mostly d: Your skin is OILY.
Mostly e: Your skin is COMBINATION.